SGT is updated with our new software and an all new look! Let us know if you have any issues!

The Dragon is Coming to the World

This is a general discussion. If your topic doesn't fit anywhere else, put it here.
ktulu
Admin
Admin
Park: ktululand
Department: Custodial
Position: Janitor

Re: The Dragon is Coming to the World

Post by ktulu » Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:29 am

Lasolimu wrote:The only plans for Disney Springs right now is for a few hours before we fly home since time is so limited this time. But we do plan a quick service lunch while we're there so maybe we can do the Morimoto's quick service spot. Way too many good places to eat, but hey, it's incentive to visit again!
I went to a conference that was at one of the Bonnet Creek hotels, so my co-worker and I went to lunch and dinner at Disney Springs. We also hit Sanaa (soooo good, the bread service is worth the trip alone, get all the chutneys), and on our last full day the conference didn't have anything of interest after like noon, so we hit up MK.

Disney dining is so much better on the company dime ;)

"People can drink coke and pepsi, but they can't pee in the street."

Lasolimu
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Lasolimu » Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:24 pm

The little booklet about my trip that has the important dates arrived a few days ago. Next step I can take is booking dining on October 15. Then I have to wait until February 12 to select fastpasses. So much waiting...it really is the worst part...

:Felix:

Well, I guess I could still book the airplane tickets, or plan ways to propose to my boyfriend...even though he totally expects me to do it on this trip so it probably wouldn't be a good surprise...

felinefan
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by felinefan » Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:57 pm

For those in Florida, watch out for super hurricane Irma; and right behind are Jose and Katia. Jose may just miss the Eastern Seaboard; no clue where Katia's headed.

Lasolimu
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Lasolimu » Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:29 am

Alright, all of my dining is booked, didn't have to fall back onto the backup locations, we got everything we wanted. I might have to try and make some adjustments later on as park schedules change however much they are going to change. Now to wait to book fastpasses and keep paying on the package. My boyfriend is expecting to get all of the money for his portion in December, he works for USPS and will likely be working 12 hour days all month, as well as in much of November and some of January. Plus he just got a pay raise so that will really help him too. He's expecting to pay off his car and pay my back for trips I've fronted the cost for.

I'm still thinking about proposing to him on this trip if I can overcome my anxiety about it. I've been thinking about ways to actually do it and have come up with a few ideas, some of which might not be possible because of characters, but would be fun. The cheesiest idea I've had was to wait until the end of Happily Ever After (we're already doing the dessert party garden viewing) and then turn to him and ask for my own Happily Ever After. It's cheesy, but I know he goes for that.

At this point, first things first, Disneyland and BlizzCon in about 2.5 weeks...

Zazu
Admin
Admin

Post by Zazu » Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:17 am

Lasolimu wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:29 am
I'm still thinking about proposing to him on this trip if I can overcome my anxiety about it. I've been thinking about ways to actually do it and have come up with a few ideas, some of which might not be possible because of characters, but would be fun.
You might want to contact Guest Relations and ask them about ways they can help. This could range from planting a ring on top of his desert to a private character greeting. Lots of options! (Also lots of expense for some of them, but perhaps you don't feel the need to rent out the Magic Kingdom for the night as some have done.)

Lasolimu
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Lasolimu » Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:08 pm

Zazu wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:17 am
You might want to contact Guest Relations and ask them about ways they can help. This could range from planting a ring on top of his desert to a private character greeting. Lots of options! (Also lots of expense for some of them, but perhaps you don't feel the need to rent out the Magic Kingdom for the night as some have done.)
Yeah, some of that kind of stuff would be great, just not looking to spend extra on something just for this. Although, there are some fun things that could potentially be set up. For instance, his favorite character is Eugene and it would be fun to encounter him having "stolen" the ring, getting it off of him, and then proposing. Although, whatever I would end up doing, I wouldn't want it to feel like a setup, even if it obviously is.